This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hans (Support Admin) 3 months, 1 week ago.

Big changes to Launch v. 1.0.5?

  • It seems like the design of Launch changed dramatically with the newest update. When I updated my site today, everything changed and I was unable to make my design look the way it used to. Is this expected behavior, or has something gone wrong?

    Hello @aamartines

    The last update of Launch was back in November, we haven’t made any updates since then.

    Are you sure you updated the theme and not WordPress itself?

    Hey Hans,

    Thanks for getting back to me. Yikes – I hadn’t realized the v. 1.0.5 update was all the way back in November.

    Regardless, I was using 1.0.0 on a website that was mostly lying dormant until recently. I’d done all of the design work using the style of v. 1.0.0, but updating to v. 1.0.5 seems to result in some pretty big design changes, and I’m totally unable to make the site look how it looked when I was using v. 1.0.0. Any tips or ideas?

    Thanks!

    Well, thanks for your help, Hans! I ended up switching to another theme that was similar enough to the previous design of Launch.

    My apologies for the late reply, I had read your message and totally forgot to respond.

    I was going to suggest rolling back to the previous version.

    Do you remember what version you were using? 1.0.1 perhaps?

    I think the problem here, as I’ve also just experienced, is that OP was running a site using another theme with the same name “Launch” which this one has just overwritten.

    I have a site for an iPhone app running a theme also called Launch but by another author, David Woolf, that I purchased from ThemeForest but has since been discontinued.

    I naively just blindly hit update on everything and ended up with this theme over the top of the one I was using.

    Thankfully I have daily backups so was able to restore the original theme.

    @acidfighter

    Hmm interesting, yes that would explain it.

    This must be a glitch in the WordPress system, because I believe it uses the WordPress.org repository as the default source for updates.

    Which would explain your issue.

    I will report this as a bug with the WordPress team.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.