This topic contains 10 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hans (Support Admin) 1 week, 5 days ago.

Can't remove "View Features"/"Download" button on Welcome page

• In setting up my website w/ Parallel Lite (also testing whether to upgrade), I have a major problem with the Welcome Page. The button in the middle of the Welcome page, now reading “View Features” will not be removed, despite my: 1) turning off Toggle Buttons 1 & 2, 2) removing anything as texts, including “View Features”, from Button 1 or 2. I have saved the changes many times.
    Strangely, the button disappears when I customize it in WordPress, but always shows up on the published page, unlike the draft when working on it.
    Is this some kind of bug in Parallel theme?

Hello Ron,

Could you share with me URL of your site?

Cheers,
    Piotrek

This reply has been marked as private.

Hello @ron

Are you sure you are editing it from the right area?

Once the one-page template has been configured you need to configure the theme from the Parallel Options panel.

Not in the Customizer.

I have gotten no support. I replied privately to the last post. Of course, I’m using the Parallel options panel. Because there has been no reply to my private post, I’ll make it public here. It looks like my only recourse now is to get rid of this theme, with all the work so far for nothing, reflect this bad experience in a bad review so others beware of the trap of this theme:
    Sent over a day ago:
    Yes. Only from the Parallel Options menu. That’s how I created the site so far. Both my wife (who has extensive experience on WordPress) and I can’t get it to work From the Welcome menu we did all other features, deleted the words “view favorites”, turned off the toggle buttons, still can’t remove. We’re about to abandon w a poor review of Parrallel unless u tell of a fix. Pls advise

Hello Ron,

Really sorry for any inconvenience. Could you tell me where exactly did you post your reply?

It would be great if you could send me (temporary) administrator credentials to your site, I am sure I’ll be able to help you much faster this way. I’ll then post what was wrong.

Please, don’t forget to mark your reply as private.

Thank you for your patience,
    Piotrek

Hello,

You can use piotr@themely.com email, use Piotr or Themely as username. I’ll need administrator access until I find out what is going on with your website (probably up to few hours).

Cheers,
    Piotrek

Hello @ron

You have not properly setup the theme.

When you log in there is a notice informing you to setup and configure the theme.

You must follow first 2 steps in order to set up the one-page template.

Once you do that you will not have any issues editing the buttons on the Welcome section.

Also, I would like to remind you that you are using the free version of our theme. I really do not appreciate the comment you posted on the 9th basically threatening to leave a bad review because we did not answer you fast enough.

We provide priority support for our paying customers and we answer tickets in the order they come in. Also, as it states in the right sidebar of this site, our support policy, that we only answer tickets from 9am to 5pm EST.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.