This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Hans (Support Admin) 1 month ago.

Multi lingual issues

• Hi there,

I started playing around with WordPress and the Integral theme a few days ago. So far I think I have it under control. As I want to have another sorting order on the homepage, I will have to buy the Pro version. But since I came across problems with my two languages, I am hesitant to spend money for the Pro version. Probably I am just too stupid?!

I have:

WP 4.6.1
      Integral 1.1.4
      Redux 3.6.2
      Polylang 2.0.7

I managed to create menus for both language versions and also the widgets (e.g. for skills or testimonials) are bilingual, as I can choose the language they belong to with each of the widgets. But how on earth do I add the second language to all the other elements of Integral (Work, About, Hero, Contact …)?

Looking forward to hear from someone out there!

Best regards,
    Tobias

After more than 24 hours still no feedback… is my problem so extraordinary?

@tfopitz

Apologies for the delay.

Integral has not been optimized to support the Polylang plugin at this time. Just WPML plugin.

However, we are currently working on this and will be available in future updates.

Hello again Hans,

Due to what you wrote, I purchased WPML some hours ago (although I did not want to spend the money, as I just need it for one website with not much content). Now I am sitting here for hours and have no clue what to do.

With Polylang at least some of my content that is in the Integral specific sections showed up for string translations. Now with WPML nothing of my individual content shows up. The only things that show up for Integral are 467 terms such as ” , only the standard contents of Integral and the admin page contents (e.g. “UNLOCK Call To Action 2 Section” or “Comments are closed.”).

What the heck am I missing?

Best regards,
    Tobias

From what I just read on the WPML support pages, a wpml-config.xml is required that tells WPML which custom fields and custom types exist and how to treat them. See https://wpml.org/documentation/support/language-configuration-files/

Unless the optimization for WPML that you mentioned is not working otherwise, can you provide me with such a xml file?

hi,
    is Integral already optimized for Polylang ?

regards

Integral is compatible with WPML, we have not tested it with Polylang.

https://wpml.org/

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.