This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hans (Support Admin) 3 months, 1 week ago.

Newsletter >> MailChimp

• Hey there,

I am Valentin and new on the forum so nice to meet you all :)

I came here because after have looked everywhere and tried everything, I don’t find the solution.

The problem is that I would like to link the newsletter form provide inside the theme to MailChimp but it doesn’t work.

I have download the plugin try to change the code but nothing happen exerted that it change the style.

This is the code bellow provide

<!– Begin MailChimp Signup Form –>
    <div id=”mc_embed_signup”><form id=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” class=”validate” action=”//themely.us12.list-manage.com/subscribe/post?u=96d68578362e503cedd707b57&id=7629c7ed4b” method=”post” name=”mc-embedded-subscribe-form” novalidate=”” target=”_blank”>
    <div id=”mc_embed_signup_scroll”>
    <div class=”mc-field-group”><input id=”mce-EMAIL” class=”required email” name=”EMAIL” type=”email” value=”” placeholder=”Email Address” /></div>
    <div id=”mce-responses” class=”clear”></div>
    <!– real people should not fill this in and expect good things – do not remove this or risk form bot signups–>
    <div style=”position: absolute; left: -5000px;”><input tabindex=”-1″ name=”b_96d68578362e503cedd707b57_7629c7ed4b” type=”text” value=”” /></div>
    <div class=”clear”><input id=”mc-embedded-subscribe” class=”button” name=”subscribe” type=”submit” value=”Subscribe” /></div>
    </div>
    </form></div>
    <!–End mc_embed_signup–>

And here the code provide by the plugin

<!– Begin MailChimp Signup Form –>
    <div id=”mc_embed_signup”>
    <div id=”mc_embed_signup_scroll”>
    <div class=”mc-field-group”><input id=”mce-EMAIL” class=”required email” name=”EMAIL” type=”email” value=”” placeholder=”Email Address” /></div>
    <div id=”mce-responses” class=”clear”></div>
    <!– real people should not fill this in and expect good things – do not remove this or risk form bot signups–>
    <div style=”position: absolute; left: -5000px;”><input tabindex=”-1″ name=”b_96d68578362e503cedd707b57_7629c7ed4b” type=”text” value=”” /></div>
    <div class=”clear”><input id=”mc-embedded-subscribe” class=”button” name=”subscribe” type=”submit” value=”Subscribe” /></div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <!–End mc_embed_signup–>

But both doesn’t work.

Can you help me?

Thanks a lot

Hello Valentin,

Nice to meet you :)

Have you tried looking at this tutorial?

http://support.themely.com/knowledgebase/configure-newsletter-section/

Let me know if that works or not.

Hey Hans,

Thanks for you answer, yes I tried but it doesn’t work.

The style don’t change and when I try to enter a random email address it send me to a 404 error.

Thanks

Hello Valentin,

Can you send me a link to your website so I can have a look?

Also, did you created the form using the MailChimp form builder?

Hey Hans,

Yes I did and I change the code but the only this that happen is the style changing.

http://hoppnow.com/

Thanks

Wow, nice site.

I like what you’ve done with the theme.

The only explanation I can see is that there is an error with the form code.

Can you provide login credentials for your site?

Hey Hans,

Thanks for the feedback.

What do you exactly need? Can you maybe give me the way to do it?

Hello Valentin,

I need admin access so I can check to see if the form code has been correctly set up.

I will need the admin username and password.

Make sure to select “set as private reply” when responding.

This reply has been marked as private.

Hello Valentin,

It doesn’t look like you are using the correct form code.

Log into your Mailchimp account, select your List and then select to create a form.

Then select the Naked Form option and copy the form code you see.

Here is a screenshot https://www.dropbox.com/s/pmbrhct1odbmspq/mailchimp-form.PNG?dl=0

I just tried it with my account and it works, but you need to replace it with a form from your account.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.