Add a title to Features section?

• I’m trying to figure out how to add a title or header to the Features section. I created an “extra” section to create the title, and placed it in front of the features section, but it doesn’t sit above the same way other titles in sections do. There’s a large amount of white space following the Extra section before the Features section.
    I’ve also tried adjusting the section padding for the Extra section (the title) but that doesn’t seem to help close up the white space. There’s no change that is perceptible when I preview the site in editing mode.

Hello,

You can always add it via the features.php file but you will need to know some PHP coding.

To edit the features.php file go to Appearance > Editor and select the features.php file.

As for the padding for the Extra section, can you provide me with a link to your site so I can have a look?

This reply has been marked as private.

I can’t identify a features.php file from the appearances>editor section. Perhaps it’s not something I can adjust if I don’t know coding.
    If I can adjust the section padding around the title, then the coding will be unnecessary

Hello,

I checked out your site.

The Extra1 and Extra2 section have padding.

In each section there is a setting for padding. It is set to 66px by default.

You can adjust this to add, remove or reduce padding for each section.

As for the features.php file, it is located in the Sections folder.

Let me know if that doesn’t help.

Hi Hans, I didn’t see that this reply was here so I’m attending to it late.

I had already identified that the padding can hypothetically be adjusted in the Integral Settings page, but no matter what numbers I put in for the section padding on the Extra sections, there seems to be no visible change when I preview the website. I can’t teach myself the skill for coding in this situation, so if there is a way to still adjust the padding or perhaps there’s something I’m missing, I’d appreciate another follow up.

Hello,

Try this code in that case,

.extra1 {padding-top: 66px !important; padding-bottom: 66px !important;}

Change the numbers to what you need.

Enter the code in the Custom CSS field of the Custom Code section of Integral Options Panel.

Hello, that seems to be working! Thank you very much!

Excellent, glad to hear it worked.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.