Chronological post order

• Hi!

Just installed the Pro version of Integral.
    I want to use the blog page as an event page, so I would like to have it in chronological order.
    I installed the plugin “Chronological Posts” and while it works well on the post page (i.e. posts show in chronological order) they look in the reverse order on the frontpage.
    Could you please help?

Thanks in advance,

G. Brachetta

Hello @gbrachetta,

Thank you for using our theme. Posts are usually being printed in chronological order. Could you share with me (temporary) administrator credentials to your site, so I can see what is exactly going on?

Don’t forget to mark reply as private.

Thanks,
    Piotrek

Thanks!
    Sure, will create you as an admin.
    Do I need an email address you’re able to check for that?

You can use this email for my account: [email protected]

Thanks,
    Piotrek

This reply has been marked as private.

Hi Piotr,

Did you have an opportunity to look at this? I would love to hear soon from you.

Many thanks!

Guillermo

Hello Guillermo,

Both the home and blog page displays the newest posts in chronological order. Something must be messed up with the configuration. It could be a plugin or a setting.

If you want to change the way the theme displays posts by default, you could create a Page Template, write a custom query to load events in desired way, assign that template to one of your pages.

Unfortunately, we do not provide customization services. If you are not sure how to do it by your own, we recommend WP Kraken.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Piotrek

Oh, that’s very unfortunate. I didn’t touch at all the plugins and only used one to publish future events (without scheduling) and another to invert the order to chronological (in blogs, posts are normally presented in reverse-chronological, so new first).
    I don’t understand how on the front page they are counter-chronological and in the blog page the same events are chronological…
    Any other tip?

Can you post a link to your website so I can have a look as well?

Of course, Hans, and thanks a lot for popping up!

It’s http://www.fantasticus.nl/sandbox/

Hey Hans, did you have a chance to look at my small issue?
    To be super clear:
    I used a plugin (Chronological posts) so blog posts show in that order (so, old to new).
    This works well on the blog page, but on the frontpage, the posts show in reverse-chronological (so, new to old).
    I tried different plugins that do the same and the issue remains with all of them.
    Could you please advice so the ordering in the frontpage replicates the one in the blog?

The link is http://www.fantasticus.nl/sandbox/

You can easily see the issue by clicking the button “Agenda” on the main banner.

With many thanks!

Guillermo

By the way, I installed your theme in a new folder to start new (no plugins whatsoever) and there it happens just the same…

Hello,

By default WordPress shows the newest posts first and the oldest last.

The file which controls the posts for the home page is hard-coded set to display the posts from new to old.

So your plugin doesn’t affect that file. Which is why they don’t show old to new after you installed the Chronological Plugin.

The blog.php file located in the /sections folder will need to be edited in that case.

Thanks very much, Hans. And would you please let me know how I could achieve that?
    If it’s just a line or similar, I’d be so happy to know, being myself just an end user…

Thanks in advance!

Guillermo

Pretty please? 🙂

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.