Including arbitrary text within a homepage section

• Hi,

I’m wanting to include some intro text within some of the homepage options. For example, I’d like some text to sit directly above ‘Features’. When I add a text widget inside the ‘Homepage Features Section’, it then sits inside the first column. Is there a way to do this or am I able to create a new homepage section/duplicate an existing one, e.g. the about section, that is just a header and some text?

Thanks.

I understand what you mean.

You can do this by editing the theme files.

The file in question is located in /sections/features.php but it will require a bit of coding knowledge.

You can also use another section like the About section, but remove the title and sub title and you can use it as a simple content section. You can then place it above the features section.

If you cannot do that, I can edit the file for you. I just need admin access.

Thank you.

Presumably if I use the About section for this purpose I won’t then be able to use it again for the real About section on the homepage?

I’m not able to provide admin access as I’m working on a local version at the moment. Are you able to give me any pointers what I’d need to add a title and subtitle within the features.php file please? If possible I’d like it to be editable in the options panel in case my client wants to update it.

@gschanze

Yes that is correct you won’t be able to use it again.

Yes there are two files you need to edit in that case.

/inc/options.php
    /sections/features.php

However, explaining it would’t be very easy, it will be easier to edit the files and send you a copy.

Are you able to upload the files to a remote server?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.