This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hans (Support Admin) 1 week, 6 days ago.

Integral Lite change to child theme

• Hi,

I am using Integral Lite with an Integral Lite Child theme. In the child theme I see only 3 files. The style.css, the screenshot.png and the functions.php. What I understand is that I can make changes to the style.css. But, I need to make a change in the contact.php. I want to change the contact section from dark to lite. In the contact.php I can change this setting. But if I change this in the parent theme than it will probably change with an update. How do I need to make this change using a child theme? Do I need to copy the contact.php to the child theme? Can I just place it there or do I need to create the same directory structure as the parent theme?

Hello,

Yes, copy the contact.php file to the child theme folder and then make your changes there.

This way updates won’t override your changes.

Hi, I followed your advice. That worked fine. But I did have to create the folder structure the same way as the parent theme. And copy the contact.php and the services.php in the correct folder in the child theme. So I changed the theme from dark to lite for contact and services. Partly this works. It leaves some minor style issues. Maybe you have the quick answer to this as well.

Contact.php
    After changing to lite the subtitle under CONTACT is highlighted in black. Should be just black letters on the white/lite background. Please check aviation.keuning.nu and view contact section. Also I would like the button to have my blue color as the other buttons. And the social media items are not visible, probably white.

services.php
    Here the subtitle is correct…some black/grey text. So that’s good. In this section I don’t see the services titles and icons. Probabaly white as well. See aviation.keuning.nu on the services section.

So far this theme is working really well for me. I am using this test website to check base functionality to decide to buy it for future use.

I just fixed the highlight of the subtitle on the contact.php from the integral settings. That one is fixed. Hope you can help with the other things I mentioned above.

Hello,

I checked out the website, it looks good.

Good work 🙂

Here is what will fix the color for the titles and icons in the services section.

Add the following CSS to the Custom CSS field of the Custom Code section in Integral Options Panel.

.services .feature span {color:initial;}
    .services h3 {color:initial;}

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.