Integral Pro and WPML. Is there a HowTo available?

• Hi,

I am new to Integral Pro and WPML. Is there a step by step configuration guide on how to setup WordPress, WPML and Integral Pro in the proper way with all the requirements to create a multilingual website with the Integral Pro theme? I want to build a website that will be available in 8 different languages.

I have already choosen the languages I want to use in WPML and managed to get the language switcher on my nav menu.

In the widget based sections (i.e. projects grid) I am able to display different widgets for languages, but I am not able to translate the section title?

I also don’t know how to translate the about section and other non widget based sections of the theme.

Is it better to completely populate the theme in one language and then care for the translations? Or would it be smarter to handle all the languages in parallel while populating the theme with content?

Any pointers to guides for a newbie like me would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Günther.

• This topic was modified 2 years, 4 months ago by guentherabt. Reason: grammar

Hello Gunther,

The best place to start is the WPML documentation,

https://wpml.org/documentation/

Two things you need to know.

1. You need to use Strings Translation to translate the theme.

2. For the missing strings you will need to add them to your database of available strings by clicking on the link at the very bottom of the Strings Translation page in WPML, selecting the strings you ant to translate and then adding them.

Once that is done you shouldn’t have any problems.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.