Parallel Pro Child Theme – can't access Pro options, no gallery lightbox

• I have created a child theme for Parallel Pro. It was done according to the instructions at http://support.themely.com/knowledgebase/how-to-create-a-child-theme/. Everything seems to be working fine but I have two problems:

1. I can’t access the Parallel Pro options, just the Parallel options. It tells me ‘Sorry, you are not allowed to access this page.’ When I switch to the Parallel Pro theme, I don’t have a problem.

2. With the Parallel Pro child theme, the Gallery lightbox doesn’t work. It works with the Pro theme. I can send a screenshot of what I get when I click an image in the gallery.

There is another problem:

3. The video section doesn’t work. The play button image wasn’t found but I resolved this by copying it to my child theme images folder. When I click the play button, the overlay is very small and displays on a part of the screen that isn’t visible. I can send a screenshot.

Hi @wolfsong

It is very possible there is an issue with the child theme if it isn’t coded properly.

We have created a child theme for it.

Begin by updating to the latest version of Parallel Pro, then go to Appearance > Setup Parallel Pro and select the Child Themes tab.

You can download the Parallel Pro Child Theme from there.

Then install the child them and let us know if the problem persists.

Thank you. So I should install your child theme and make my customizations to it? Will there be any updates to this child theme that would force me to redo my customizations?

Hello,

Yes that is correct.

Child Themes are not updated.

So once you make the changes in your child theme, it will stay that way and you will be able to update Parallel Pro at any time without loosing your changes.

I was unable to download the child theme from within WP as you suggested (couldn’t activate the Child Themes tab). I downloaded it from your website. The functions.php was empty. I used this:

<?php
    function enqueue_parent_styles() {
    $parent_style = ‘parallel-pro-style’;
    wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . ‘/style.css’ );
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_enqueue_scripts’, ‘enqueue_parent_styles’ );
    ?>

I am still getting the same problems with the Gallery lightbox and the video section.

Looks like I need to enqueue all the other CSS files as well. When I added magnific-popup.css, the video works. It would be very helpful if you included this in the functions.php of your child theme.

Thank you.

Hello,

Can you provide admin access to your website?

Make sure to select “set as private reply” when responding.

This reply has been marked as private.

Hello,
    I have the same problem.
    If I use the main theme, everything is OK. But when I use the child one, I no more have lightbox, for galery or videos.
    I tried to re-create the child theme, but same result.

If I go in Setup Parallel Pro, I can’t click on “Child theme” tab. The URL add #child_theme but nothing changes on the page.

Hello @c2medias,

Could you share with me (temporary) administrator credentials to your site?

Please don’t forget to mark reply as private.

Cheers,
    Piotrek

In your child theme directory, place the following code in your functions.php. This will enqueue all the required parent stylesheets.

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'theme_enqueue_styles' );
    function theme_enqueue_styles() {
    wp_enqueue_style( 'parent-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'magnific-popup-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/magnific-popup.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap-min-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/bootstrap.min.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome-min-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/font-awesome.min.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'multi-columns-row-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/multi-columns-row.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'slick-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/slick.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'slick-theme-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/slick-theme.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'widgets-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/widgets.css' );
    }
    ?>

Hello @wolfsong,

Thank you for your comment, really appreciate.

@c2medias
    , you can go ahead and give it a try. However, I am a little bit worried about the empty Child Theme Tab. I would love to see if everything works fine on your WP instance, just to be sure you won’t be experiencing any serious issues in the future.

Let me know if you have any problems.

Cheers,
    Piotrek

Hi,
    Thank you. I tried what Wolfsong wrote, but unfortunately, it doesn’t work.
    On the homepage, I still haven’t any lightbox, and also a problem for viewing video (also on Homepage).

Piotr, I send you an admin access to the website.

Thanks for all

This reply has been marked as private.

Hey @c2medias,

We are working on your issue, I’ll get back to you very soon.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Cheers,
    Piotrek

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.