This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Hans (Support Admin) 3 days, 23 hours ago.

Showing RSS feed on blog section?

• Hi!

Thank you for the great themes! My customer is using Parallel theme and they now want to get rss feed to be visible on Blog section on front page. Is that possible to achieve?

Hello,

Yes I am sure it is. You can customize the blog.php file located in the sections folder of the theme to display an RSS feed. Here is a tutorial which may help https://www.isitwp.com/fetch-and-display-rss/

Hi!

Thanks for the advice. For doing that I’ve created a child theme. When activating it, font (type, size, color) changes for some reason. I am using the code below on functions.php. What am I missing or what should I do to keep font same as it is on parent theme?

<?php
    add_action( 'wp_enqueue_scripts', 'enqueue_parent_styles' );

function enqueue_parent_styles() {
    $parent_style = 'parent-style';

wp_enqueue_style( $parent_style, get_template_directory_uri() . '/style.css' );
    wp_enqueue_style( 'child-style',
    get_stylesheet_directory_uri() . '/style.css',
    array( $parent_style )
    );

wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/bootstrap.css' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'bootstrap-min-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/bootstrap.min.css' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/font-awesome.css' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'font-awesome-min-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/font-awesome.min.css' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'multi-columns-row-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/multi-columns-row.css' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'slick-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/slick.css' );

wp_enqueue_style( 'slick-theme-style', get_template_directory_uri() . '/css/slick-theme.css' );
    }
    ?>

Hello,

We have already created a child theme for Serenity Pro. In your admin panel navigate to Appearance > Setup Serenity and click on the Child Themes tab. You can then download the Serenity Pro Child Theme.

That will get you started in the right direction.

Hi!

Well, I am using Parallel Lite 😉 I also tried child theme you have made, same result: fonts doesn’t look same as on parent theme. Do you have any clue how to fix that?

Hello,

Did you change the font styles in the style.css file of the parent theme?

I just tested the child theme for Parallel Lite and it seems to be working fine.

Can you also provide a link to the site so I can have a look?

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.