Theme Demo Import Plugin

• Hi,
    I was performing a PHP 7.1 compatibility check on my website and the report said that the Theme Demo Import Plugin is not compatible with the recommended version. In terms of site performance, is it better to deactivate the plugin and upgrade or to keep the Demo plugin because it’s necessary?

Thanks

Hello,

We will soon update that plugin, but if you’ve already imported the demo content then you can deactivate the plugin or delete it entirely.

OK, then I’ll just wait and do the optimization when you release the update in the future.

Thanks

Hi,

I just updated the plugin, but the system check gives me this language:
    “FILE: /home/iplegals/public_html/wp-content/plugins/theme-demo-import/inc/class-tdi-helpers.php

FOUND 1 ERROR AFFECTING 1 LINE

72 | ERROR | Indirect access to variables, properties and methods will be evaluated strictly in left-to-right order since PHP 7.0. Use curly braces to remove ambiguity.”

Actually I tried to deactivate and delete the plugin the other day, but the optimizer still gave me the same message. Would you, please, look into this?

Thanks

Hello,

Ok, I think I found the reason for the error.

I have updated the plugin.

Please update and let me know if you are still receiving the error.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention 🙂

Hi,
    I deactivated and deleted the plugin this morning and managed to update to PHP 7.1. Once I updated, the “check system for compatibility” button disappeared and everything looked fine.

Now, I installed the plugin again, but I couldn’t import any of the demo content – just got a whole list of errors. The demo content (although it failed to import) messed up the top menu of the site.

How do I fix this?

Thanks

Can you provide Admin access to your site so I can log in and have a look?

I will need the domain (URL), username and password.

Hi,
    I restored a copy of the website from yesterday and it looks OK now. I don’t need the demo content anyways because I have already built my website, so I guess it’s a non-issue for me.

Thanks

Hello,

Ok, maybe you had to clear cookies and cache, not sure.

Either way I will see if I can replicate the issue on my end.

No one else has reported this issue so maybe it was due a conflict with another plugin.

Maybe, either way I will investigate.

Thanks for bringing it to my attention.

Well, if the the plugin is not necessary for importing content in the future and is meant to provide a demo, then I will not attempt to install it again. Maybe there is some incompatibility with another plugin. I am not sure if I can revert back to the old PHP version and run it through the scan.

Anyway, thanks for the support. I just wanted to let you know there might be some issue with the plugin, but it is probably something I did on my side.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.