Unable to recreate live Demo

• HI Themely,

First of I want to say that i really like the team, and i have purchased the pro version.

There’s one thing i am struggling with for a couple of days now, hopefully you can help:
    – i cannot import the demo version content, not via download not via the button in my dashboard

I want to start working from the live demo thats why i would like to install this, it’s for the following website: https://goo.gl/J4v4mv

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards,

Dennis

@Dennis12

I see you managed to import the posts, but not the post thumbnails or widgets, is that correct?

Also, did you follow these instructions?

http://support.themely.com/knowledgebase/novapress-import-demo-content/

If you did and are still having issues, please provide me with admin access to your site so I can have a look.

@dennis12

Ok, I managed to import most of the demo content except for the images.

It is very strange, when I go to Media and try to upload an image, the upload button doesn’t work.

I have tried disabling plugins and switching themes, and it still doesn’t work.

I believe there is an issue with your installation of WordPress or a conflict.

You can try deleting your site and installing a fresh copy of WordPress and re-installing the theme.

Also, make sure you hosting environment meets the WordPress requirements.

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your comments.

Its an automatic install from the hosting company’s server. Is there some place where i can download the folder with images and load them via ftp?

If thats no option I’ll perform a compleet reinstall.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

I can definitely send you the images in a zip file.

However, you will still have the issue of the inability to upload images to your WordPress site.

It’s quite strange, I have never seen this issue before.

When I go to MEDIA in your Admin Dashboard and try to upload an image the button doesn’t work.

So it seems to be a larger issue.

Hi Hans,

Thanks for your reply!

I reinstalled wordpress again and didn’t touch anything yet to prevent myself from changing wrong settings, would it be possible for you to have a quick look at it to see if it works this time. I’ll provide you the login via email again.

Hope we can work it out this way, thanks!

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

Yes please do.

EDIT: Nevermind, I received it via email.

Hi Hans,

I see you did some work, but still no images. I tried uploading a single image and that works fine, Could you email me the zipfile so i can upload it by FTP and we work from there to get the demo live.

I’m sure that if a single upload works i can post blogs with pictures.

Looking forward to receiving the files.

Kind regards,

DEnnis

HI Hans,

Thanks, i managed to upload the files and configure the plugins. Could you maybe have a last look to make the theme as a whole look like the demo. Because the widgets and media are not in place.

Also i have contacted my hosting to see if there’s something blocking from their side.

Hope you can help me out one more time.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

I check out the site and it seems you have the other plugins & widgets working now.

Do you still need assistance?

Hi Hans,

I contacted the hosting company to do some troubleshooting. Turned out there server blocked your server.

They added your server to their list of allowed servers and then it all worked as it should!

Many thanks for your time and effort.

Kind regards,

Dennis

Hi Dennis,

That is the first time I hear that!

Very strange.

Anyway, happy to know it got sorted.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.