There are two methods to install the theme. If the normal installation method (a) is not supported by your web host, you will have to use the alternate option (b).
a. Normal Installation
- Login to WordPress Admin and browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click on the Add New Theme (or “Install Themes” tab for older versions) and click Upload.
- Browse your computer to select “serenity-lite.zip” (it’s located in the Theme Files folder in the zip file you downloaded). Click “Install Now” button.
- Once it’s uploaded, click the Activate link.
b. FTP Installation (alternate method)
- Use your FTP software to browse to wp-content/themes folder.
- Extract serenity-lite.zip and upload the serenity-lite folder.
- Once it’s uploaded, go to your WordPress Admin, browse to Appearance > Themes.
- Click the Activate link.
IMPORTANT: After activation, you will be presented with several plugins that you have to activate. They are Contact Form by WPForms. Make sure to install them or not all the theme features will be available.
Import Demo Content (optional)
Import the demo content to make your website look exactly the live demo, and provide a base to begin building your website.
Follow these instructions: How to Import Demo Content for Serenity Lite